Thursday 20 August 2015

Evening Skincare Routine

Part 2 of skincare week has arrived, who's excited?! If you missed my morning skincare routine you can check it out here. Have you read it now? Great! Then lets move onto my evening routine.


First up is the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water which I use as my first cleanse if I have been wearing makeup throughout the day. It is really soothing and removes makeup well without drying out my skin. I really don't like removing makeup with a cleanser and my hands, so I will always go in with this on a cotton pad before using a traditional cleanser to clean my skin. If I have been wearing heavy eye makeup I like to use the Botanics Soothing All Bright Eye Makeup Remover as well because it deals with waterproof mascara and liquid liner slightly quicker the Micellar Water.

Next up it's cleanser time and at this stage the products vary on a day-to-day basis. but my current favourite has to be the Sarah Chapman Skinesis Ultimate Cleanse, as it's just incredible. It's a balm in texture, but it comes with a pump, do things get any better than this, so it is easy to use and leaves my skin feeling so wonderfully soft. When massaged with water into the skin it turns into a milky consistency and can be easily removed with a damp flannel. It has a hefty price tag, but as a treat, it is so worth it. I also love using Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, No7 Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser and Decleor Aroma Cleanse (you can check out my full rave review here).

I usually do these steps before I jump in the shower, and then afterwards I continue onto the acid exfoliater stage. In the evening I love using Pixi Glow Tonic as I feel it removes my dead and dull skin cells well, leaving a fresh base for the rest of my routine. Check out my full review and comparisons including acid content here if you want more information. Similarly to the morning I like to follow an acid with a facial spritz, and it's usually Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic. This is so soothing and smoothing it really counteracts the slight tingle from the acid. If my skin is feeling really dry or dehydrated I will swap this with Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray or The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist, but as the rest of my routine is fairly hydrating, I usually prefer to stick to soothing spray at night.

Next up is eye cream, and as someone with horrendously dark under-eyes this is a pretty important step for me. I haven't found an eye cream that actually reduces the darkness of my bags, but I find switching up between a seriously hydrating cream and one aimed at reducing fine lines makes concealer sit so much better, so my under-eyes appear much lighter and brighter throughout the day. Kiehl's is my favourite brand to do those jobs as the Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado is so nourishing and hydrating nothing has ever compared to it. I also love using the Midnight Recovery Eye when I fancy something a little more lightweight.

Purchasing the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronised Recovery Complex II has probably made the biggest difference to my skin. I think because I finally realised that my skin wasn't as dry as it used to be (but that's a whole different story) and I stopped piling on products that were too rich or hydrating for everyday use, leading to plenty of breakouts. I can't comment on the anti-ageing side of this product for obvious reasons, but it is just  the right level of hydrating and soothing and my skin just looks and feels so much better in the morning.

Lastly I finish my routine with a dab of Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins to pump some hydrating into my skin. It's a lovely, non-greasy formula which sinks beautifully into the skin. I have gone through multiple tubs of this stuff, and I can't imagine using anything else on a daily basis. However, it is a little rich if my skin is having an oily day, so then I'll use the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream, which is a good standard moisturiser - more hydrating than GinZing but less rich than Night-A-Mins. 

And that's the end of my evening routine, phew, it looks like a lot all written down, but it takes barely any time at all. I switch this end half of this up quite a bit with a variety of overnight treatments and oils, but as that would make this post too long for my liking they will be up on Sunday at 6:30pm. Make sure you follow me on Bloglovin here or by email to the right so you don't miss the final instalment of skincare week.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig