Tuesday 18 August 2015

Morning Skincare Routine

It's the beginning skincare week here on Beaut Honesty and I am so excited as I can talk about skincare all day. My skin used to be extremely dry, and I am sure an in-depth how I dealt with it post will be up soon, but now I have settled into a routine that works for me my skin is fairly 'normal' and slightly blemish prone around my nose and chin, however I do still get the occasional dry patch and/or oily forehead.



I am going to be honest with this step, I don't cleanse every morning (gasp. I know) so I am not going to pretend I do. When I have the time, I do really notice a positive difference in my skin throughout the day, but with all the rest of my skincare and makeup to hand in my bedroom some mornings I just can't be bothered to make the trek to the bathroom. Anyway, when I cleanse in the morning the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel is my usual weapon of choice as it cleans away all the glow (sweat) from my face and leaves a fresh, clean canvas for the rest of the routine. It is a lightweight, balmy constancy which turns into an oil when massaged into the face and, most importantly, it doesn't leave any residue so it won't interfere with makeup. My other favourite morning cleanser is Soap and Glory's The Ultimelt, which I prefer to use on slightly oilier days as it is a purifying cleanser.

The next step for me is an acid toner/exfoliater, and for this I like to use the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads (check at my recent post here for a more in-depth review and comparisons). They are so quick and easy to use and have worked wonders for my skin. Since starting to use AHAs in my daily routine my skin has greatly improved, from a reduction in blemish scars and a more even skin tone to brighter looking skin. After toning I like to go in with a hydrating spray to sandwich in another layer of moisture. I am currently loving The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist as it feels really nourishing. I also enjoy using the Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray which is wetter in consistency so it's really refreshing and is a good pick-me-up throughout the day. You can read my post here on my top facial spritzs. 

I have some serious under-eye bags, and after years of searching for a miracle eye cream I have decided there is no such thing, but there are definitely a few that do make a slight difference. In the morning it's Origins GinZing Eye Cream that does the job. It's peachy-toned with a slight shimmer running through it (this looks more glowy that glitter-ball on the skin though don't worry) which helps to counteract darkness under the eyes. I still need a couple of layers of a heavy duty concealer, but it's moisturising and gives the concealer a good kick-start. 

When it comes to serums I used to be very fickle, until I found probably the best hydrating serum on the high street which changed everything. The Vichy Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Hydration Serum has been massively hyped these past few months and it is so worth it. It has a 'wet' formula that sinks quickly into the skin without leaving a greasy reside and packs a serious punch when it comes to the hydration game. On days when my skin is already feeling pretty hydrated, I like to use the Clinique Smart Serum, however I have almost finished a 30ml bottle and haven't notice a great difference in my skin, so I may pick up the Origins Orignal Skin Serum as it sounds like a good alternative to a hydrating one. If anyone has any reviews or opinions on this that's be great! 

After serum I go straight in with a moisturiser, who could have guessed it! I am seriously obsessed with Origins GinZing, mainly because it smells like 100's of oranges crushed and squashed into a tub, and who doesn't want to rub that all over their face. It's gel-like formula makes it perfect for summer as it doesn't feel heavy on the skin, but the Panax Ginseng still gives the skin some serious glow. On days when I need a little more hydration I switch to the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream for a more nourishing alternative. 

Finally, because it's summer the SPF gets slathered on, although it never seems to be very hot here in the UK you can't be too careful. I am using La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Ultra Light Fluid at the moment, and although it is lovely and lightweight, I am not sure I like it as much as the Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defense, so I think I'll be switching back next year. It is SPF 50+ so it gives good sun protection, which although not better than reapplying, it means I don't have to take off all my makeup at 2 hour intervals. This is based on UK weather and mainly staying in the shade, if you live in a hotter climate reapply reapply and reapply some more. 

I hope you have enjoyed part one of skincare week! My evening routine will be up on Thursday and the extra's that didn't quite fit will hit the blog on Sunday, make sure you follow me on Bloglovin' so you don't miss them! I would love to know your favourite skincare products of the moment, what's made it into your daily routine? 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig