Tuesday 1 September 2015

Autumnal Lip Duo

It feels like summer is basically over now, so I thought I would share with you my favourite MAC lip duo for the Autumn months. I have so missed berry lips season! 







I will always start this off with a quick lip scrub as the MAC lip pencils are known for clinging to dry patches. My favourite is Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub as it tastes really sweet and leaves my lips feeling super soft. I know you can make them much cheaper at home, but this is just so quick and hassle free. I follow that with MAC Prep And Prime Lip to create a smooth base for the lipstick and it stops the pencil being too drying.

Now my lips are prepped it's on to the fun bit. MAC Vino lip pencil and MAC Viva Glam IV lipstick make the perfect berry lip shade for a dark lip newbie like me. Vino is scarily dark, it took a lot of convincing from the sales assistant that it was okay, but I am so glad I went for it. The pinky undertones suit my colouring and it doesn't look as brave as a darker purple. A great first step. Although it does cling to dry patches pretty badly, a good scrub first and a sheeny lipstick over the top and you can hardly tell. Plus it stays on all day; I wore it out for dinner and a comedy show without a touch up, and by the time I got home it looked exactly the same as when I had applied it. Perfect for anyone who never has the time or the patience for regular touch ups. 

The product that brings this whole look together is Viva Glam IV as it is such a wearable and versatile shade. Similar to to MAC Patentpolish Lip Pencil in Ruby and Relvon Colourburst Balm Stain in Crush in colour, it is a gorgeous pinky-berry shade with a golden sheen running through it. It is a frost finish, which I know usually puts alot of people off, but it really isn't 90's throwback level of frost, just a sheen which makes the lips look fuller and creates a multifaceted colour. Over the top of Vino it gives a bolder darker colour. However, it also looks stunning over MAC Ruby Woo lip pencil to bring out the red tones of the lipstick and it can be worn on it's own to create a slightly subtler look.

What lipsticks will you be bringing out this Autumn?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig