Thursday 12 November 2015

First Impressions: Narsissist Matte/Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette

I have had my eye on the Narsissist Matte/Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette (catchy name, I know) since it's release, and given it LE status I have always been concerned it would just go out of stock and never come back. So I caved. And it is so beautiful. As I am writing this I have yet to even touch the shadows, so you are getting a complete first impression. 

Narsissit Matte/Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette



Although the mirrored front is really pretty, as soon as I peel back the protective plastic I am sure it'll get covered in fingerprints and makeup smudges. Plus it's pretty bulky for only 8 shadows, almost the same height as the original Chocolate Bar packaging, so isn't overly travel friendly. But what the packaging lacks on the outside, is truly made up for by the stunning interior. Obviously the shades look beautiful, more on that later, but there is also a HUGE mirror which is perfect for doing a full face of makeup. My only real qualm is I would have preferred and eyeshadow brush to the liner, as I am not a huge pencil liner fan, However, for those of you that are, it is a beautiful black shade with gold glitter running through it, and it's so creamy and doesn't drag on the eyes but dries fast.

The shades themselves are so wearable, versatile and just stunning. Ranging from champagne to glitter black, this palette could easily create day and night looks. Even the matte shades are buttery and bendable, and the shimmery shades aren't packed with chunky glitter. All bar the bottom left (Mandchourie 1) are very highly pigmented, but even that one would look stunning as the palest shade in a blue/grey/black smokey eye. I am seriously impressed by the blend-ability and buttery-ness of these, and I will report back after a days wear.

5 hours later: So just as a disclaimer, I did use the Nars ProPrime Smudgeproof Eyeshadow base, as I use it every day and have such oily eyelids! But, it's lunchtime and there is no creasing or smudging! The lighter shades have faded slightly, but evenly so it's okay! I'll report back later.

6 hours later: It's been 11 hours since they were first applied and I am seriously impressed. There has definitely been some creasing throughout the afternoon, but not enough that's noticeable with my eyes open. The wear on these has been fantastic, and I would really recommend this as a palette. Beautiful colours, buttery textures and a formula that really sticks around all day. 
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. No matter what I do my eyeshadows crease, so I just accept I look better at 9am than 5pm haha. This palette looks so good though! Nars always do the best palettes, and I nearly always miss them. The name is a bit rubbish though haha. Love the rust colours xx

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's always the way! The And God Created The Woman Palette is amazing to! I am always gutted how many are limited edition though! xx

      Delete
  2. Good post but I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Appreciate it! Best Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette

    ReplyDelete

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig