Tuesday 24 November 2015

The Review: Pixi Skintreats Glow Collection

Ever since buying the Glow Tonic I have wanted to try so much more from Pixi, so when their Skintreats range seriously expanded earlier this year I knew I had to get my hands on some. I chose the Glow Mist, Overnight Glow Serum and Glow Mud Mask to pump some much needed radiance back into my skin, so I thought I would show you what I think so far.

Pixi Skintreats Glow Collection Review


I know I know, I already have more facial spritz than you can shake a stick out (see my top five), but this one promises to be different as it contains oil, so maybe less of a princess product and more actual skin benefits? We'll see. The oil definitely gives a lovely glow to the skin yet is lightweight enough to use before makeup. This is a great step for people with drier skin who want to use an oil in the morning without the risk of looking greasy. However, it also claims it can be used over makeup, but personally it feels too wet for my liking. Although it doesn't interfere with makeup, I would rather get my glow from morning skincare and a good highlight and use facial sprays that sinks in a little quicker during the day. Overall it is a lovely product and by the looks of it, seems like it'll last a very long time.

Pixi Glow Mud Mask £18
I have to say I was so disappointed when this arrived in the mail, as not only does the packaging look cheap compared to the other ones, but it's also so tiny! I should have checked before I ordered, but it's only 30ml and given how empty it feels already I am not sure it can do many full face masks. However, I am so so glad I didn't send it back, as it is possibly the best face mask I have ever used. It's clarifying without being stripping so I can use it all over my face, not just my t-zone (which is the only mud/charcoal mask I can do this with). And the results are instant. My skin has never felt so soft, and looks just radiant. It's definitely not for very dry skin, but as it's not drying it isn't reserved for oily skin, bonus! It claims to be a 'revitalizing boost for the complexion' and I couldn't agree more. A definite must have for any skincare routine.

Pixi Overnight Glow Serum £26
I have definitely saved the best till last as boy, this is a good'un. It maintains the softness from the mask and when I wake up my skin is noticeably brighter. It's really hard to put into words, but it just makes everything look better. But with 10% glycolic acid, it's not for the very sensitive skinned. Although it doesn't seem to have an adverse effect on me, I have to be very careful not to use it at the same time as another AHA product, just in case. It's a truly lovely product which has made huge improvements to my skin, and would be perfect if you love Glow Tonic and want to step it up a gear but find Liquid Gold a little too harsh.

Overall I am seriously impressed with Pixi Skintreats range and can't wait to try more! Even though I was very disappointed with the size of the Glow Mud mask it is brilliant and I am sure will be forever repurchased. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig