Sunday 24 May 2015

Brush Starter Kit



This was meant to be a 'top 5 makeup brushes' post, but I found it far too difficult to choose my favourites. So I decided to create a sort of 'starter kit' showing some brilliant multitaskers, perfect for people who only want a small brush collection. It is also a great travel kit as it covers all bases without being too bulky. 


FACE

Front to Back: Real Techniques Setting Brush, Zoeva Silk Finish 102, Zoeva Luxe Face Definer 101

Real Techniques Setting Brush: I really can't rave enough about Real Techniques brushes, they are so soft and wash incredibly well without shedding or losing their shape. This brush in particular is one of my favourites as it is so versatile. I currently have two, one for concealer and the other for precise powdering - particularly under my eyes. However this brush would also be perfect for highlighting and contouring as it's tapered shape can fit into the hollow of the cheeks as well as sweeping across the top of them. This is a synthetic brush and is perfect for use with cream or powder.

Zoeva Silk Finish 102: This is by far my favourite foundation brush I have ever used. It is larger than the Expert Face Brush from Real Techniques so it covers the face faster, however it is still as dense which helps to apply the product more evenly. Zoeva states 'the fine vegan taklon bristles guarantee a tender and natural makeup finish, streak-free, for sure' and I have to totally agree.

EXTRA


Zoeva Luxe Face Definer: I have included an extra brush for both face and eyes, which are definitely not essential, but I really enjoy using them and think they are unique. This is a natural hair brush, so although it is exceptionally soft, it begins to lose it's shape slightly after washing, however as you can see is is still noticeably tapered. I love using this brush to blend out my contour colour. However, it also works exceptionally well for bronzer and powder.



EYE


Left to Right: Zoeva Luxe Soft Definer 227, Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush, Zoeva Petit Eye Blender 223,
Zoeva Fine Liner 315

Zoeva Luxe Soft Definer 227: This brush is a must-have for anyone who wears eyeshadow, it is so incredible I actually own three! It is amazing at blending out both cream and powder products for a more professional finish. It is a dupe for the MAC 217 brush, however I prefer the 227 as I find the bristles to be more flexible, making blending easier. And at just over a third of the price you can't really go wrong with the Zoeva option. 

Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush: This brush is the perfect shape and size for applying a wash of colour to the lids, It is so soft and tapered towards the end so can easily get to the inner corner of the eye, making applying eyeshadow so easy. The main downside of this is it only comes in a set with four other brushes. All of which are the same high quality, but may not be the shape/size you desire. If this is a problem, the Shading Brush does a very similar job, and is still incredibly soft, however the bristles are much shorter and denser, so slightly more precision is needed. 

Zoeva Petit Eye Blender 223: This is a shorter, smaller, rounded brush which fits perfectly into the crease. I really like to use it to blend a darker colour into the crease and the outer corner of the eye as it allows much more accuracy than the above brushes. It can also be used to blend a colour onto the lower lashline and to creating a smoky liner on the top lid. This is a must-have for any smoky eye lover.

EXTRA

Zoeva Fine Liner 315: I just had to include this brush as I find it so useful and unique. I use it to apply eyeshadow as liner for a softer look, although it also works for gel and cream products. It's fine point makes applying liner so simple and the bent swan neck makes it easy to see where you are putting the product. 


I seem to have rambled for ages, so congrats on reaching the end! Have I missed any of your favourites?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig