Thursday 28 May 2015

May Favourites


MAKEUP



Maybelline Colour Tattoo - Metallic Pomegranate: I am seriously obsessed with these Colour Tattoos! They are so easy to use, so easy to blend and so long lasting! What more could you want? Metallic Pomegranate is a gorgeous burnt red/burgundy/purple-ish colour which is so unique and I think it really brings out my green eyes. I don't think it is as long lasting as the On and On Bronze shade or the leather effect version, however the colour is just so stunning it has definitely been my favourite of the month.


Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation - Porcelain: This is the probably the first foundation I have ever come near to finishing, I just love it so much. I bought my first bottle in the summer of last year and the shade is now a little to dark for me so I stopped using it during the winter. A few weeks ago I popped to my local counter and was matched to the shade porcelain - I am so pale! - and I have seriously rediscovered my love for it. It has a light to medium coverage but can be easily built up and is so lightweight you can't feel it throughout the day. It doesn't cling to dry patches and gives a glowy look without looking greasy or shiny. I think Bobbi Brown do amazing base products, but this is by far my favourite.

Chanel Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Colour - Legende: I have raved enough about these here so won't ramble on too much. These are really hydrating, as the name suggests, and just so luxurious to use. Legende is probably my favourite colour of the two I own as it goes with any makeup look. The rosy tone will compliment many skin tones and I think it is definitely one to check out if you are ever passing a Chanel counter.

SKINCARE



Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair: This was probably my biggest splurge of the month and I totally don't regret it. I was looking for an evening serum that wasn't too oily. Don't get me wrong, I love an oil, my current favourite being Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate, but sometimes my skin just craves something else. Enter Estee Lauder. This serum is just divine. Seriously divine. It is the perfect mix of hydrating and smoothing and my skin just feels 100x better in the morning. The gel-like consistency spreads beautifully across my face and it sinks in so quickly it makes a lovely step in my routine. I obviously cannot vouch for it's long-term benefits, but it is a pleasure to use.

Sarah Chapman Ultimate Cleanse: This cleanser is simply beautiful. There isn't much more to say than that. It smells like a spa in a bottle and leaves my skin feeling so soft. I use it as a second cleanse in the evening after a micellar water, so cannot comments on it's makeup removing abilities, but it feels wonderful on the skin and leaves it looking smooth and radiant. At £40 it is a serious splurge, but if you fancy treating yourself it is a wonderful product.

First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads: I mentioned these in my last empties video so I will be brief here. These pads add so much radiance to my skin it's unbelievable and I have been using the religiously this month. I am on my second box and have already ordered my third as I can't be without them now! However if any has compared these to Pixi Glow Tonic I would love to know which you prefer!


HAIR



Catwalk by Tigi Haute Iron Spray: This spray is a bit of an interesting one. It is meant to be used as a heat protectant before blow-drying or straightening. However, I find it to be perfect for spraying in wet hair and then leaving to dry overnight. I am very lazy when it comes to my hair, I don't like to faff with loads of products because in this heat (yes I know in the UK it isn't actually that hot, but my hair is like a thick scarf and it just needs to be up) I like to wear my hair up basically everyday. So I can rarely be bothered to even dry it, I know it's bad, but who cares! This spray stops the frizz that occurs if my hair dries naturally and leaves my hair feeling manageable the next day. I also like to spritz it on if I am going outside in very hot weather just to give my hair a bit of protection. Not a necessity by any stretch, but it is a product I have really been enjoying using this month.

What have been your favourites this month?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig