Thursday 11 June 2015

Makeup Spares

To follow on from yesterday's post which covered my favourite skincare which needed to be backed up (click here if you missed it), here is a round up of the makeup side of my spares collection. And as will will probably be able to tell I have a weak spot for concealers.



Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla (£22): This is my all time favourite ever concealer, I love it. It is the perfect mix of hydrating and coverage and although it doesn't cover my dark circles completely (but come-on what will) it is the best I have found for under the eye and blemishes. It has a good coverage and I often wear it without a foundation.

Seventeen Stay Time Concealer in Extra Fair (£4.49): Before I discovered the Nars concealer this one was my favourite as I found it much less drying than cult favourite Collection Lasting Perfection (which if rumours are to be believed is being discontinued) but giving just as much coverage. I actually have three spares if this product as I believe they were on an offer so I decided to stock up and then fell in love with the Nars Concealer a couple of weeks later. However I do still use this one as it is a very budget option and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a replacement to the Collection one.

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Warm Ivory (£19): I do really enjoying using this concealer, and I think it goes well with the Corrector on really bad dark circle days. However, because it is packaged in a pot and is a very creamy formula so lots of powder is needed to stop it creasing it is not as easy to use, so I don't reach for this one as often.


No7 Essentially Natural Foundation in Calico (£9.95): I think that the whole No7 range is really underrated and many of the products are worth the higher end of the drugstore price tag. One of my favourite products is the Essentially Natural Foundation. It has a sheer to light coverage and is really hydrating. Think the next step up from a BB cream without becoming a full foundation. The best part for me is the amazing shade range, no other drugstore foundations go pale enough for my winter colour, and with their match made service you can't really go wrong.

No7 Blush Tint Stick in Blossom (£9): When the Pop and Glow blushes were released I thought they were discontinuing this one (they weren't), so I stocked up with a couple, hence they are in this collection, I don't actually go through them that quickly. But the Blossom shade is a beautiful rosy pink which looks very natural on my pale complexion. They are easy to apply and I like to blend them out with the Real Techniques Stippling Brush to make it look even more natural. The formula is relativity long wearing and it doesn't dry out the skin.

Maybelline The Mega Plush Mascara (£7.99): This is my current favourite mascara and I think I am on about tube 5 now. My main issue with mascara is that it smudges day my face during the day, which isn't very attractive, but this one doesn't. It gives a good amount of length and volume without going clumpy and isn't an absolute pain to get off at the end of the day, winner. I always buy these on 3 for 2 at boots and keep them in my spares basket as I am very strict on changing them regularly.

Maybelline Master Shape Brow Pencil in Soft Brown (£2.99): Brows have never been a huge part of my makeup routine so to ease myself in I started using this brown pencil. the spoolie on teh end is great at putting stray hairs in place and the pencil is very easy to use and is good at filling in any sparse areas. However, there must be better products out there if you are willing to spend more time/money on them.

Dr Lipp Original Nipple Balm For Lips (£12 for 15ml): I have received 2 minis as sample on beautybay.com and have fallen in love. It is really moisturising and leaves my lips feeling so soft. It leaves a glossy yet not sticky shine which is lovely for natural makeup days. However, as much as I love this product I think £12 for a lip balm is quite a lot, especially given how fast I go through them, so I am not sure I would purchase a full size. Although I would totally recommend it if your budget stretched to it.

Do you have any backup makeup products?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig