Tuesday 23 June 2015

The Review: Maybelline Colour Tattoo




I am seriously in love with the Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Eyeshadows - what a name! I would definitely say they are more cream than gel as they are so easy to apply and blend but then dry fast and last for hours on the lids. I like to apply them with an ordinary flat brush, usually a No7 Eye Colour Brush and quickly blend them out with a Zoeva Luxe Soft Definer 227 or a Mac 217, doing one eye at a time as they dry down fast. At only £4.99 each, and often on 3 for 2 at Boots, these are an absolute steal for such an amazing product! Having owned a couple for over a year which still haven't dried out, I can't fault these in the slightest.





Metallic Pomegranate (above) is my current favourite shade (raved about in my Face Product Face and May Favourites) as it is so different to anything else I own. It is a gorgeous metallic burnt redish/purpleish/burgundy shade which I think makes my green eyes look brighter. I have also been loving the shade On and On Bronze, which seems to be the most popular from the range and lasts slightly longer on the eyes than Metallic Pomegranate. It is a beautiful bronzey almost duo chrome shade, which when blended into the crease looks like multiple shades have been applied and expertly blended together. An effortless way to create a multi-dimensional bronze eye.

I also love Creamy Beige and Immortal Charcoal. The former is a 'Leather Effect' shadow (although this isn't clear when swatched) in a beigey-coppery colour. It works well as a base for other shadows but could also be worn alone. Immortal Charcoal is a little different as it is an almost metallic dark grey shade which is perfect for a long lasting dark, bold eye. It blends easily and makes a lovely base for a smoky look.

Permenant Taupe is an almost greyish brown shade which works as a darker base for other colours, but it doesn't suits me as a one-wash colour. Out of all of the shades I own Eternal Gold is my least favourite as it is a very yellow gold, and I much prefer a bronzey shade. Although if you like that colour it does have a lovely foiled look to it.

Overall I think these are an excellent product, especially for such an affordable price, and Pink Gold is already on my list to pick up next,

Which are your favourites?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig