Thursday 25 June 2015

Summer Travel Essentials




Sun Care


For me the ultimate most important travel essential when going any where vaguely hot is an SPF because I burn so easily. I don't need to bang on about how important it is, it just is. My favourite is the Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defence SPF50 as it gives me good protection without feeling greasy or heavy on the skin. It doesn't interfere with makeup or leave my skin looking ashy, what's not to like! If you don't burn as easily as me, Soap and Glory Feel Good Factor SPF25 (I believe they have now changed this into a BB cream, but if you can find the original, it's great!) is a lovely alternative so long as it is reapplied throughout the day.


This may sound a little odd, but I also like to protect my hair from the sun, to prevent damage and avoid frizz. For this I like to use TIGI Haute Iron Spray as it doesn't leave my hair feeling 'wet' like many heat protectants. My hair is very fine and it doesn't make it look greasy but really helps to stop frizz.




Miniatures

The one thing I hate most about travelling is having to decant products to save space, I always end up not putting enough in and running out, or putting in too much and not being able to get it all back out and wasting product. I can't stand it. So I am all about the miniatures, the travel sizes, not only are they incredibly cute but they are so handy, especially when it comes to hair care. I like to use a moisturising shampoo and conditioner on holiday, such as Tresemme Moisture Rich, as the heat and chlorine really dry my hair out. 

Cleansing is even more important on holiday to make sure your SPF has been properly removed. I love the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water to quickly remove makeup and this travel size is perfect as the original 400ml bottle is quite large. The No7 Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser is a lovely, affordable, inoffensive cleanser which is soothing to the skin and suitable for all skin types. When I found a miniature version in a Christmas gift set thought it would be perfect for travelling as it is such a staple, you can't really go wrong.



Other Oddities 

Comfy headphones are a must for long journeys. The Apple EarPods are by far my favourite as they are a sort-of flat oval shape which fit perfectly into my ear and I can sleep in them without any discomfort. 

I have recently discovered the new Venus Snap Razor and think it's a genius idea! It is so much more hygienic and travel-friendly than throwing a normal razor in a wash-bag. And although I can't use the razor head it came with (bizarrely my body-skin is very very sensitive, even though my face is not) it is interchangeable with all Venus women's blades so can be made into whatever razor you would like.


What are your travel essentials?
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Love all of these essentials!

    Lauren x | https://laurenselwood.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig