Wednesday 10 June 2015

Skincare So Nice I Purchased It Twice (Or Thrice, Or More)

This is the start of a very short mini-series on my blog based on products I own backups of because I can't bare to be without them. Today's post takes a look at skincare and Thursday's will show makeup, so lets get cracking.





Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturiser (75ml £25): I won't talk too much about this as I rambled quite a bit about my love for it here. But it is essentially the only day time moisturiser I will use now as it is so hydrating and gives an amazing glow to the skin. Origins have recently released a larger 75ml size for £25, compared to £23 for the 50ml - bargain!

Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins Moisturiser (50ml £34.50): I love love love this moisturiser. It is the perfect mix of nourishing and hydrating without being too greasy or heavy for my blemish-prone yet dehydrated skin. This is my third pot and I genuinely think it is amazing.

Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel (100ml £28): This cleanser is very different to anyone I have owned before as it is an gel that turns into an oil when massaged into the face. It is a lovely wake-me-up product in the morning, or for quicker cleanses in the evening, I always use a micellar water and/or and eye makeup remover before cleansing so I cannot comment on its ability to take of makeup. However it leaves the skin feeling incredibly soft and not tight at all. The main downside of this product is the packaging as you cannot see when it is about to run out, so I have a spare ready for when that day comes.

Alpha H Micro Cleanse (100ml £26.50): This is a bit of an odd one because at the time I bought it beautybay.com were doing a two-for-one and to be honest, if I had only bought one to start with I wouldn't have bought a second already. I find it is quite a strong exfoliator, so I use it no more than once a week. Because of this is it going down very slowly so I think this will be sitting in my spares box for quite some time.


Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (400ml £4.19): I think possibly everyone has tried this and with good reason, it is incredible. Now, it is not as luxurious as a cream/balm/gel cleanser, nor does it nourish the skin as much. However, it is the only thing that I will use to take off face makeup now as it is so easy to use, With a large cotton wool pad (these from Boots are the best by far) it is just as convenient as a face wipe but much less stripping to the skin.

First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads (60 Pads £22): I have only recently started another pot of these, so getting a spare set is a little bit keen. However I know I will be using them and I am a sucker for a bargain so when I saw them on sale on feeluniquie.com I decided to pick some up. They make my skin look so radiant (as the name would suggest) without being as abrasive as a manual exfoliant.

Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover (150ml £3.99): I like to use a separate eye makeup remover on heavy makeup days and I absolutely love this one. It claims to 'leave the skin smoother and brighter' and to be honest, I haven't noticed that. But it removes waterproof mascara quickly without stinging my eyes, and that's good enough for me.

No7 Beautiful Skin Quick Thinking Wipes (30 Wipes £7): Since using a micellar water to remove my makeup I no longer use these wipes. However they have proven useful to remove swatch from my hand (and up my arm) when product testing and as wipes go these are pretty good for sensitive skin.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig