Tuesday 6 October 2015

Transitioning Into Autumn: Makeup

Outside the rain ins pouring down and the leaves on the trees are beginning to turn a gorgeous orangey-red shade; I am wrapped in so many blankets as is still feels too early to put the heating on. The seasons have definitely changed, Autumn is here and I am so excited that coat weather is upon us. The season changing is also the perfect time to switch up your makeup, so here are my top picks for transitioning into colder weather.



Warm Eyes:

When the temperature begins to cool down I really like to warm up the tone of my eyeshadows as I think it helps to soften your makeup look. I am currently falling back in love with the original Naked Palette, as it contains some gorgeous shades and has one of the best formulas around. I particularly like half baked, smog and darkhorse for creating a dark, shimmery look. I recently picked up the Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette  (*shameless plug* check out my review here) which also contains some stunning warm shades, perfectly versatile for the Autumn as well as golden Summer eyes. I am a huge fan of red-y shadows, like the MAC Burgundy Times Nine Palette and Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Metallic Pomegranate, but with my colouring they can look a little but much with a strong berry lip.

Rosy Cheeks:

In Summer I turn into a hot, sweaty mess (TMI I know), but now it's getting colder there is a lower risk of a naturally red face, so it's time to crack out the blush. I rediscovered the No7 Blush Tint Stick in Blossom in my shop my stash post, and I love it! Being a cream formula, it leaves the skin looking dewy and fresh, whilst still giving a rosy, just-been-for-a-walk-in-the-cold-air glow. I also really like the Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in Seductive Pink which is slightly paler than the No7 one, and is much more pink than rose, so works well with a darker lipstick. 


Berry Lips:

I couldn't have written a post like this without mentioning my favourite berry lips colours. The most 'berry' of the three comes in the shape of Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte in 107 (centre), which if you can get past the funky smell, is a beautiful berry-red tone, that is much bolder than the picture shows. It is a fairly comfortable to wear matte, and is just perfect for this time of year. If you prefer more moisturising lipsticks, the Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Lip Colour in Suzanne (right) is a lovely almost brown-toned plum shade, which can be easily sheered out to create a subtle Autumn look. I love this one for daily wear and when I have used red-y eyeshadows. My final pick is the slightly pinker of the 3, MAC Viva Glam IV (left). I won't ramble too much about this one here, as it was part of my Autumnal Lip Duo post, but it is a beautiful shade which looks stunning on it's own, or worn over red or berry lip liners to bring out one of the undertones and create a whole new shade (my personal favourite is MAC Vino). 

What are your top tips for transitioning makeup into Autumn? 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig